law firm rating
There are two independent attorney rating services approved by the Florida Bar, Martindale-Hubbell and Avvo. Each of these organizations utilize their own methodology to evaluate attorneys and publish ratings based on different criteria. Each of the criminal defense attorneys at DeThomasis & Buchanan are ranked within the highest ratings category by both Martindale-Hubbell and Avvo.
For over a century, lawyers have relied on the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory for authoritative information on the worldwide legal profession. Martindale's Peer Review Ratings play an integral role in this service to the legal community.
The Martindale-Hubbell Review Ratings help buyers of legal services identify, evaluate and select the most appropriate lawyer for a specific task at hand. Lawyer Ratings serve as an objective indicator that a lawyer has the highest ethical standards and professional ability and are used by buyers of legal services to justify their hiring decisions. In this highly competitive environment for legal services, the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating is often one of the only means to differentiate lawyers who are otherwise very comparable in their credentials.
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary and attest to a lawyer's legal ability and professional ethics. To be rated, lawyers must meet the "very high" General Ethical Standards Rating and must also be rated on their Legal Ability.
The General Ethical Standards Rating denotes adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics, reliability, diligence and other criteria relevant to the discharge of professional responsibilities. A lawyer must meet the "Very High" criteria of General Ethical Standards to achieve a Peer Review Rating. Legal Ability Ratings indicate professional ability within a specific Area of Practice. Legal Ability Ratings are based on performance in five key areas, rated on a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest). These key areas are:
1. Legal Knowledge - Lawyer's familiarity with the laws governing his/her specific area of practice(s).
2. Analytical Capabilities - Lawyer's creativity in analyzing legal issues and applying technical knowledge.
3. Judgment - Lawyer's demonstration of the salient factors that drive the outcome of a given case or issue.
4. Communication Ability - Lawyer's capability to communicate persuasively and credibly.
5. Legal Experience - Lawyer's degree of experience in his/her specific area of practice(s).
A combination of the Very High General Ethical Standards Rating and a Legal Ability Rating determines the Peer Review Rating, which includes a numeric rating and rating term. The available range of ratings are as follows:
-AV® Preeminent™ (4.5 - 5.0)
-BV® Distinguished™ (3.0 - 4.4)
-Rated (1.0 - 2.9)
Each of the criminal defense lawyers at DeThomasis & Buchanan have achieved the highest Preeminent Rating of AV 5.0. Click one of our Gainesville criminal defense attorney names below to go to the Martindale-Hubbell web site and read about that attorney's rating and profile.
To review additional information regarding Martindale-Hubell peer review attorney rating system click here.
The Florida Bar has approved the use of Avvo and its rating service as another tool to assist people to make the best decisions for their legal needs.
Each of the criminal defense attorneys at DeThomasis & Buchanan have achieved the highest rating category designation of "Superb".
Avvo profiles contain helpful information including experience, background, disciplinary history, and reviews from clients.
The rating is calculated using a mathematical model that considers elements such as years of experience, education, disciplinary history, professional achievement, and industry recognition - all factors that are relevant to assessing a lawyer's qualifications.
Avvo is guided by two basic principles:
1. Provide an unmatched level of transparency. Many of the online resources available today only show information about the lawyer who pays the most to be there. Avvo plays no favorites. They provide an unparalleled level of transparency that shines the same light on all licensed professionals, enabling people who may know very little about law to make smart, informed decisions.
2. Provide more information and better guidance. Avvo believes that access to easy to understand information about lawyers, coupled with guidance on how to use that information, is the best way to help people choose the right licensed professional. Information is empowering: the more people learn about their lawyers, the more comfortable and confident they'll feel seeking help.
Click below to review each Gainesville criminal defense attorney's specific Avvo rating.